I'm assuming the next few weeks of the CSA will be similar because we're into the core of early winter veggies now - hearty greens, squashes + root veggies, so I'm starting to get creative with different ways to use them. Last week's kale/potato was a yummy success, and this week I'm incorporating a new grain (millet) to mix things up!
- 1 bag Salad Mix OR 1 bunch Spinach – In a wrap with the beets for T$'s lunch
- 1 bunch Arugula OR 1 bunch Kale – Mixed with millet as a stuffing for the squash
- 1 bunch Red Beets OR 1 head Lettuce – Roasting! I somehow forgot them at the farm last week, and I was so sad!
- 1 pint Brussels Sprouts OR 1 head Cabbage – I've (possibly temporarily?) been converted - so I'm going to roast them again with olive oil, salt/pepper, lemon
- 1.5 lbs Sweet Potatoes OR 1.5 lbs Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes – Simple - baked to have on the side of lentil burgers
- 1 Acorn Squash OR 1 Delicata Squash – stuffed with millet + kale
- 1 head Garlic – all the things
- 1 bunch Parsley OR Cilantro OR Dill – It will go in tacos
PS. If you're already feeling anxious about the upcoming holidays, check out my quick guide to less stress for the holidays. Discover tools for decreasing your stress before the holidays that you'll be able to use year-round!