Holy cow! I'm at week 26 of our CSA. That's half a year of fresh organic veggies from a farm that didn't have to go on a boat, train or truck. So neat, and very grateful for it.
So, this week's goodies:
- 1 bunch Spinach – lunch wraps for T$
- 1 bunch Arugula OR 1 bunch Kale – Trying to mix with millet again to stuff the squash (last week's kale ended up being a salad on the side of millet cakes + I put the squash in quesadillas...cooking is always an experiment –you have to be adaptable!)
- 1 head Napa Cabbage OR 1 bunch Leeks –I'm going to make a turnip/leek soup!
- 1 bunch Hakurei Turnips – Soup!
- 1 bunch Red Beets OR 1 bunch Baby Carrots – Roasted for lunch wraps for T$
- 1.5 lbs Sweet Potato OR Russet Potato OR Yukon Gold Potato – Making hashbrowns to have with veggie sausage (breakfast the day after Thanksgiving, I think!)
- 1 Buttercup Squash OR 1 Delicata Squash – Stuffed with kale/millet/parmesan (I'll buy an extra so there's enough for dinner)
Did you get my Note with a few Thanksgiving "traditions" to tweak so that you don't feel like an overstuffed zombie when it's over? Make sure you don't miss the next one – get in on the action here.
Wishing you a warm + happy Thanksgiving!