In the interest of staying completely candid, I'm getting a bit tired of squash + greens. But I'm SO grateful to have access (and already paid for) these local, organic veggies, so I'm trying to get creative...
- 1 bunch of Carrots – roasting with pumpkin seeds for lunch salad. Excited because we haven't had carrots in a while!
- 1 head of Kohlrabi – stir fry with edamame + broccoli (T$ will be pumped because she loves kohlrabi You can also make fritters, slaw, salads – more options on my pinterest board.)
- 1 bunch of Leeks or 1 bunch of Hakurei Turnips – more soup...I know this isn't creative, but it's my favorite way to eat them, and it's easy!
- 1.5 lbs. of Beets – beet burgers are coming back (I'm going to try to write down the recipe this time!)
- 1.5 lbs. of Sweet Potatoes or 1.5 lbs. of Russet or 1.5 lbs. of Yukon Potatoes – been wanting to try this, and of course I'll end up tweaking it in some way because I love to improvise in the kitchen
- 1 Butternut Squash or 1 Acorn Squash – lasagne layered with the squash, mushrooms, spinach, sage, and organic tofu instead of ricotta (for a kick of protein + less dairy)
- 1 bunch of Spinach – divided among the beet burgers, stir fry and lasagne
Are you solid with your meal prep, but a bit shaky on the other roads to vitality? Get access to my Notes of Nourishment for insights like how to add self-care to your already busy schedule and ways to boost your immunity for cold + flu season.